Re: midish and alsasequencer

From: Julien Claassen <julien_at_c-lab.de>
Date: Thu Jul 05 2007 - 21:48:11 CEST
Hi Alexandre!
  I want to make midish aware of alsaseq-clients. What I'd like to have midish
to be able to write and read from hardware midi and still be able to connect
to alsaseq clinets both incoming and outgoing. From what you've written am I
correct in supposing the following:
Attach one hardware device as "rw" and attach the virmidi-card twice, once as
"wo" and once as "ro"? And then use filter rules to map events between them
like:
map 0 (hardware) to 1 and 1 to 0.
map 0 to 2 and 2 to 0?
  Or am I still getting it a bit wrong?
  Kindest regards and thanks for the info you've already given to me!
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net
the Linux TextBased Studio guide