Re: Midish Velocity Correction

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Tue Jul 22 2008 - 20:38:14 CEST
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 08:26:35PM +0200, Alexandre Ratchov wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 02:18:15PM +0530, Rods Bobavich wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I'm having some trouble understanding how to do what I need. I've got a
> > Keyboard that is sending notes that are too hot velocity wise. (M-Audio
> > Keystation Pro 88) Looking for way to limit the velocity before I pipe
> > it into LinuxSamper. I need some help understanding how to put the notes
> > through a filter.
> >

> hi,
>
> i've been lucky with my keyboards, so there's no code for curves in
> midish yet. Adding velocity curves should be relatively easy,
> actually there's some 2-3 years old code around for this.
>
> I'm busy with other changes, so i can't put it in again right now,
> i'll try to clean it up for the next week.

hey,

the code to adjust velocity works now, the new ``fvcurve'' function
can setup the velocity curve. For instance, the following:

	inew kbd {1 0}		# create input channel
	onew piano {0 0}	# create output channel
	fnew myfilt		# new filter to map kbd->piano
	fvcurve {} (-20)	# tweak velocity
	i			# start processing
	s			# stop processing

will create a filter to map ``kbd'' -> ``piano'' and will adjust
velocity so that loud keystrokes get a larger dynamic range.

code is in the latest snapshot, here:

	http://caoua.org/midish/midish.tar.gz

it needs to be polished, but it should work reliably, let me know
if you notice something strange.

-- Alexandre