Re: sending single notes around...

From: ki.ber.kom.uni.st <ki.ber_at_kom.uni.st>
Date: Thu Nov 06 2008 - 17:57:57 CET
ok.. so now sending single notes works but for that to work i needed
to send it directly to korg electribe.. sending first to Virtual Raw
MIDI and connecting with QJackCtl to korg electribe didn't work... i
use Audiotrack USB/MIDI interface and it serves me well...

i tried syncing with seq24 and it works.. it triggers ticks in sync
with the tempo set up in seq24... when it gets [play] from seq24 it
starts the midish track..  the same for [stop] so far so good...

i couldn't find how i'll use midish as sequencer for loops.. i would
like midish to repeat certain number of measures being synced with
external midi clock... i couldn't find how i'll tell to midish to
change the trackposition so it starts from the beginning...

if that's possible i just need to add event once (ie. 1st measure 2nd
beat) and it will repeat every time it repeats the track).....

do i need to take care of that abstraction (looping) on my own? that
means copying every midi note in a right position (measure/beat) to
the long running timeline?

my goal is to add midi looping to my application which uses
sooperlooper engine for audio looping... there is a video introduction
if you would like to see how the user interface look like at the
moment....
http://www.viddler.com/explore/marcell/videos/7

as you could see i'll use ipython as textual frontend for rmidish so i
can control both sooperlooper and rmidish from unique front end -
ipython... as in the case of sooperlooper custom pyqt widgets will be
added for visualization what's going on inside of midish....

any idea how to deal with looping and midish is very welcome....

thanx...