Re: Compiling midish 4.0 on ubuntu hardy

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Sat Jun 06 2009 - 15:53:36 CEST
On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 11:49:29AM +0200, laurent schwartz wrote:

> It seems that the "./configure" process doesn't check the availability of
> libasound2-dev.

indeed, ``configure'' doesn't check anything at all, it's
mainly to help packagers specifying paths and options,
without having to patch the Makfile

> After installing it with:
> sudo apt-get install libasound2-dev
>
> The make process goes to the end with succes.
>
> I install "checkinstall" ubuntu package to create a debian package from the
> source.
> sudo apt-get install checkinstall
>
> the command "sudo checkinstall" in place of "make install" generates and
> install a debian package.

interesting i wasn't aware of such a tool, thanks for sharing
the tip. I'm always interested on usage patterns or integrating
midish on systems i don't know very well.

-- Alexandre