Re: question regarding midish

From: Julien Claassen <julien_at_c-lab.de>
Date: Fri Sep 04 2009 - 20:13:29 CEST
Helo Edmond!
   With midish you can map tracks to different devices. But I believe, that
this is a midish specific feature. By that I mean: if you convert/export the
midish internal format back to MIDI, I'm not sure how much of this remains.
Even if sending to different devices is allowed in the standard midi format,
another MIDI file player wouldn't know which device is which, because you
created a specific MIDI setup (with dnew or devattach) in midish.
   Even further, you can tell midish to create a "port" or "device", which
refers to a softsynth. So it's very ALSA sequencer specific. And that wouldn't
be anything, which you could port between different platforms.
   I hope this somehow answers your question, even if it isn't the best answer
one might hope for. :-) that's different systems for you. :-(
   Kindest regards
           Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net