Re: question regarding midish

From: Edmond Shum <shumzai_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Sep 04 2009 - 20:06:14 CEST
About making use of the "port" or device assignment in the midi file. Since upon initialization, you can do:

dnew 0 "device" wo
dnew 1 "device1" wo

Which means user can create his own ports. In the midi file, it seems ( not sure, as I am using the perl-midi libraries to look at the internal data ), that a meta even of 33 is capable of assiginning to different devices.

Thus, can we create a map of tracks-to-ports, so that the data of different tracks will be sent to corresponding ports ?