Re: No output sound! Debian 6.0 amd64

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Tue Jun 12 2012 - 23:20:04 CEST
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 09:39:02PM +0200, Fortea wrote:
>    Hi, I'm new in midish. I have troubles with playing files: I tried either
>    the sample in tarball and a midi file.
>    I just compiled the stable version and then the recommended version. I'm
>    using Debian 6.0 (the package provided officially for/from debian doesn't
>    work, I'm using a amd64)

out of curiousity what happens? are packages broken in some way or
do binaries crash?

>    I'm using a .midishrc with this initial line added:
>    dnew 0 "128:0" wo

It's supposed to work. What happens if you try to play the sample
file in the midish tar-ball, for instance by typing:

	load "sample.sng"

do you hear the music? If not, could you check that timidity works?

-- Alexandre