Re: No output sound! Debian 6.0 amd64

From: Fortea <fortea92_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jun 13 2012 - 13:16:36 CEST

12/06/12 22:06:44, Julien Claassen <julien@mail.upb.de>:
Hello Fortea!
First make sure, that your Timidity is outputting anything. You can use it
to play a MIDI file directly.

 Yes, it sounds good with this command: "timidity file.midi", but with midish can't hear anything. I use these commands:

load "sample.sng"

The numbers start to flow, but it seems like anything is outputted.

Then you could try to use the port name, rather the port number, since that may change from setup to setup.

using:
 dnew 0 "TiMidity port 0" wo

I have this error:
alsa_open: couldn't parse alsa port