Re: midish, ecasound and jack

From: gorest <gorest_at_free.fr>
Date: Mon Nov 12 2012 - 13:52:29 CET
hello,

after some tries, the whole thing seems to behave correctly. Finally i can't go this way with the MTC back to midish because using klick is adding another mechanism, which is not aware of the bar/beats of the original midi file (which could have changing bars during the song).

So the final and i think best idea, is to create a bridge between midish and jack, using code based on the mentioned tools (a2jmidid, jackctlmmc, jack_midi_clock, klick)...
This might be a big work, but i'd prefer one single app to do everything than 5 different processes to manage and script.
As i'm not on a hurry, i prefer to take this golden path ;)

I'll let you know when i have some clear definition of the software, and can start coding.

Raphaël