Re: Not recording controllers

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Sun Dec 09 2012 - 19:27:47 CET
On Sun, Dec 09, 2012 at 06:09:40PM +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Alex!
>   Attached you find an example song. You will see, that a few
> controllers are accepted. All the pause is ue to me turning
> non-reacting controllers. This time I didn't turn on the debug, but
> it would show the same. I can definitely tell you, that amongst the
> not accepted controllers are: 36, 37, 43, 38-42, 59...
>   the log is just me starting midish and typing all suggested
> commands. The project, is the minimal basic: tnew synth_1;r;s;

Thanks! I think I got it:

controllers 32-63 are not valid, they are defined as the lower
nibbles of controllers 0-31. Especially 32 and 38 are used for bank
select and data entry and using it for anything else is likely to
break synths.

For instance if midish receives controller 36, it keeps it in
memory until it receives controller 4, and then combines both
values into a single event. So, if the lower nibble (36) is
received without the matching higher nibble, no event is generated.

[...]

Does your keyboard allows controllers 32-63 to be remapped to other
controller numbers? Are these any defaults?

-- Alexandre