Re: Strange behaviour with automatic filter

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Mon Dec 17 2012 - 10:43:08 CET
On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 09:39:47PM +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello again!
>   Sorry to be such a nuisance, but with the attached .midishrc I get
> an automated filter now mapping everything to device {2 0}. I can
> remove this naturally, but it's very awkward and the first time, it
> took me quite a while to fix. Any idea, why this would happen?

When a new output is registered (ei "onew"), a default filter is
created to route all inputs (ie "inew") to the output. I bet that
what you observe, is the result of having too many inputs.

I'd recommend registering as many inputs as you have physical
inputs actually in use, not channels. Example, with one keyboard
and one control surface you'd end up with two inputs registered
(even if there are 32 possible channels.

-- Alexandre