Re: Plea for features

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Mon Dec 17 2012 - 14:51:16 CET
On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 02:16:25PM +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello again!
>   I'm afraid, I wouldn't be able to do all that, with devices. But
> what about a builtin function return the next free device ID?
>   another thing I discovered and saving and later reloadng my song:
> Not all named channels or devices did survive this action.

Devices are not saved, they are part of the configuration. Named
channels (inputs and outputs) are supposed to be saved; could you
check that this is actually the case?

>   Another thing, which I haven't yet worked out: Can I copy a track
> and then move events from one device/channel to another? Scenario: I
> played a bass track, liked it, but wanted certain section copied on
> another sound, to accentuate certain parts. Unfortunately I didn't
> think about that earlier on. :-( The filters don't work, from what I
> remember and read in the manual, since they are part of the
> recording process.

Indeed, filters are applied on the input only. You could use
tevmap, to modify events in the current selection, example:

tevmap {any bass} {any piano}

will change all bass events into piano events. Just check that you
have the latest midish snapshot (a bug just fixed).

-- Alexandre