Midish, Tracks, Mute

From: David <davidtweed2003_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Feb 07 2013 - 02:40:17 CET
I've just been learning about Midish so I'm somewhat of noob.I'd like to use midish instead of qtractor in a midi routing scheme I came up with to implement alternate drum triggering  (as in, no drum voice is ever immediately repeated) with hydrogen.  To (kinda) simplify it:  in qtractor I set up 2 midi tracks per drum voice (eg. snare) with 1 muted (its actually called "monitor" on the channel strip) and the other not muted.  These are live midi channels and not tracks for recording and playback (thats done in Ardour3).The "monitor"(mute) buttons on each drum voice channel (1 on, 1off) are midi controlled by the same midi note that the actual snare hit produces (after some filtering) toggling each midi track on and off (offset from each other).  the midi outs of each track are routed to different midi channels which then, after some additional note and velocity filtering in Qmidiroute, are routed to hydrogen to trigger 2 discreet and alternating
 sets of 22 layer uncompressed multimiced samples per drum voice.  Its sounds very realistic.  the channel mute toggling easily keeps up with a delicate crush roll.  Yay Linux!I'm wondering if, in Midish, I can:1. Midi control Mute (I think i read that i can).2. Create and use Tracks for realtime live performance, not just record and playback. Or,can the Mute function be used outside the context of tracks (device, channel, input, ?).Its basically a set it and forget it configuration and it seems like Midish could do this with alot less mem/cpu overhead than using a DAW.  Thanks so much for any help with this.tweed