Re: Filter problems - not able to record

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Thu Jul 18 2013 - 12:14:38 CEST
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 02:42:39PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello again!
>   It is strange. I have multiple devices connected to my computer,
> all as separate MIDI devices. There are a couple of them defined in
> the .midishrc directly like this:
> dnew 0 "MAudio Delta 1010" rw
> inew xp {0 0}
> onew xp {0 0}
>   and so on. A couple of them can be added using procedures, because
> they are USB devices and only show up, when turned on.
>   So in my project I did this:
> # add all necessary devices
> # add new track:
> tnew raggatronic
> # map triton keyboard to jv-module (called xp):
> fnew xp_filt
> fmap {any triton} {any xp}
> # record track
> # add second track used for different synth:
> tnew brute_bass
> # result no events in track.
> # set no filter:
> tsetf nil
> # horrible overlapping noise from the jv/xp module
>   What can I do, to just record that second device? Or what am I
> doing wrong, for I was able to do it before.

reading your other mail, this may be caused by a loop in the midi
circuit: if the filter is set to nil, then midish routes input
directly to the output, as-is. But if the synth sends its input to
its output as well, every midi event starts being repeated forever.
This could be avoided by disabling the "midi-thru" feature of the
synth

-- Alexandre