midish + MIDI remote?

From: Tim Soderstrom <tim_at_moocowproductions.org>
Date: Thu Oct 24 2013 - 20:07:45 CEST
I've been hunting around for a hardware MIDI playback / routing solution and ran into midish recently. It looks wonderful! But I was wondering - is it possible to control midish via a MIDI controller? I could not see that functionality in the documentation, though I did see ways to automate midish via shell scripts (meaning a helper program might be able to do it).

The idea was being able to stop/start/switch songs from a MIDI controller such as a NanoKontrol during a live performance. midish would be running off a Raspberry Pi stuffed in our stage rack.

Thoughts?

Tim S.