Unable to connect to fluidsynth alsa

From: Rocco Mordace <rukkuntu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 21:26:43 +0200
Dear All,

I'm moving my first steps in midish, but I've a problem trying to connect
to fluidsynth.

I'm using a rpi3a (512MB ram) as midi controller to be used with midi
master keyboards. The rpi at the moment is connected (fully working) with a
GS10 "soundcard"

To keep low the memory usage (I need to use a 280MB Soundfont) i don't plan
to use jackd. So I start fluidsynth as below:

/usr/bin/fluidsynth -i -s -a alsa -p fluidmidiin -o
audio.alsa.device=plughw:1 -r 44100 -c 3 -z 128 -C=0 /sf2/RoccoSynth.sf2

It works very nice, with very low latency and good poliphony.

I would like to add midi record/play function with midish, in few minutes I
was able to record, but I couldn't play anything.

Giving the command:
 aplaymidi -l

I get:

 Port    Client name                      Port name
 14:0    Midi Through                     Midi Through Port-0
 20:0    GS-10                            GS-10 MIDI
 20:1    GS-10                            GS-10 Control
129:0    fluidmidiin                      fluidmidiin

In a easy way I could use fluisynth to render a midifile:
aplaymidi -p "129.0" mond_3.mid

I was able to record in this way:
smfrec -d "20.0"  foo.mid

But this doesn't work:
# smfplay -d "129:0" foo.mid
alsa_open: couldn't connect to input
press ^C to stop playback
^C
--interrupt--
playback stopped
# smfplay -d "129.0" foo.mid
alsa_open: couldn't connect to input
press ^C to stop playback
^C
--interrupt--
# smfplay -d "fluidmidiin" foo.mid
alsa_open: couldn't connect to input
press ^C to stop playback

While aplaymidi -p "129:0" foo.mid is working...

Any help?